You’ve heard of the term biohacking, right?
It is a WILD area of science. Everything from making small shifts in your diet to full-on implanting devices into your body.
Well, today I’m super stoked to introduce you to my special guest…Mike Voss.
He’s a biohacker… in the area of sleep! He’s literally written the book on how to catch better Z’s -- and I’m SUPER excited to have him on today’s show.
Because I don’t know about you… but I spent YEARS battling sleep.
The Center for Disease Control here in the US reports that 1 in 3 Americans chronically struggle with sleep. So clearly there’s an epidemic going around.
Entrepreneurs and creative professionals often struggle with getting the kind of rest we need to show up as our best selves. There’s a lot of pressure when you own your own biz, right?
So Mike’s gonna show us a fresh new approach… A way to train ourselves to sleep better.
He conducted over 10 years of sleep studies.... And was able to improve his own sleep quality from about 50-60% (AKA terrible LOL) to over 90%!
If you suck at sleeping, you’re gonna wanna hear this convo. LOL
So let’s get right to it… welcome Mike!
- Mike, you’re a sleep expert, an author…you’re like a biohacker… what made you interested in pursuing this as a career?
- What does biohacking even mean? What are some examples you can share?
- Can you tell us what you did before you were a sleep expert?
- Can you share a bit about what your day-to-day is like?
- In your book, The War on Sleep, you talk about how to measure your sleep… how do you do that?
- For small business owners, entrepreneurs, and creative professionals who struggle with sleep… what are some pro tips you can offer to help them get the rest they need?
- In my business, I focus on progressive relaxation… or consciously resting and relaxing before bedtime… what are some of your favorite stress-relieving techniques?
- What are you passionate about? How does that drive you every day in your business?
- You’re very accomplished yourself, what was a turning point for you that brought you from the ‘before’ (what you previously did) to becoming a sleep expert?
- Can we pivot to biz talk … maybe marketing and productivity for a minute?
- Did you have any moment that made you question whether you’d made the right choice going into business for yourself?
- In terms of marketing yourself and your business, what channels or tools have been the most effective for you? Social media, email, YouTube, etc.
- How do you decide what goals to focus on, and which are going to distract you from your direction?
- Do you have any tried and true eating, sleeping, or fitness habits that keep you focused and productive?
- If you could go back to the start of your current journey, would you do anything differently?
- What lessons or takeaways would you want an aspiring entrepreneur who’s focused on hacking his or her sleep to show up better in their life… and biz?
- If people want to get in touch with you, how should they do that?
Thanks for joining me today, Mike!
You guys… how cool was that conversation?!
Mike, one more time, where can everyone find you?
You guys, I absolutely love how passionate he is about sleep and relaxation.
I’m totally into it too.
In fact, I’m obsessed with getting what I like to call… EFFECTIVE rest.
As in doing it consciously and applying proven techniques to unwind both your body AND mind.
So today I’m offering you a free download: my progressive muscle relaxation tip sheet.
This is a collection of four techniques to use clenching and unclenching muscle groups… in a specific order… for deep relaxation and stress relief.
I’ll post the link in this week’s show notes annnnnd in the newsletter.
You’re signed up there, right? If you love free shiz like this, you GOTTA get on my mailing list!
I’m always sharing super helpful resources like this… and trainings on lifestyle hacks -- as well as TONS of ways to grow and scale your biz.
So make sure to grab your progressive muscle relaxation tip sheet… and visit Mik’s website too!
I hope you have a restful week. Sleep well! LOL
I’ll see ya online.